Install it here!
When writing code we often annotate points of tech debt with
sometimes adding a little description of what needs to be done later. Many times
these todos are forgotten only to surface when their specific code path is
excercised and triggers an error.
"If only we remembered to fix that todo!"
Src of Truth finds these todos in your source code on every commit, opening and
maintaining a ticket for each unique todo. When that todo is no longer found in
your source code the bot closes the ticket for you.
Src of Truth is available at GitHub.
More git and issue providers are in the works.
Keeping track of your project can be hard and todos are one of the tried and true
methods of measuring what's left on your plate. They are an age old aid to project
management that harks back to the days when plain text was king and programming
was a dark, dark art. Src of Truth wants you to move quickly and keep your eyes
in your editor without losing sight of what's important.
- Write your todos in your favorite language:
- 68+ supported languages
- 120 filetypes
- Issues are automatically created for each unique todo.
- Issues are assigned to the author by default.
- Todos found using assignment syntax
TODO(some_user) will be
- Issues are updated to display nice links to their location in your source
- Issue descriptions show a list of branches the todo has been found on.
- Issues are closed automatically with nice comments when the todo is
removed from the source.
- Include or exclude branches using regular expressions.
- Include or exclude files and directories using regular expressions.
The next ~200 installs are free.
Any bugs, requests or comments should be directed to
the public issues repo.